Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight blubs and steering wheel buttons

mac32

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2004
Hi guys
I am new to this site and just bought a 2004 vz commodore and its headlight bulbs just blew up , so i was wondering if i can get any help that which bulb should i buy and from where and also steering wheels volume button just popped out ,is there any chance i can fix it or i have to replace it , button is not broken just moving around in socked
any help would be appreciated ,thanks

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
Mine broke had to get replaced They're about $80 from wreckers

Globes can't remember but in a Calais/statesman they're H9 and H11(low)

BIG_JV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
For an executice or an acclaim the lights are H4 55/60 for main driving lights T10 for parker lights and i think H1 for high beams, to be sure check the owners manual in the glovebox

KwS

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Wagon
i noticed the other day on my acclaim that the bulb models and ratings are actually stamped on the top of the light its self. Pop the bonnet and it should be there.

Shhtef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 9C1
i was thinking of just supergluing the button in place, the actual button still works its just the cover thats loose so i see no sense in getting it replaced? ill let you know how it works out when i give it a go haha

Shhtef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 9C1
doesnt work, dont do that. stops it from rattling around though i guess lol

mac32

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2004
Mechanic charged $ 990, to fix car which include ,, radiator change , but i am pissed off coz still heating gauge goes lil bit up , grrrrrrrr.. his mechanic is thug ,, ,for everyone living near or around carnegie ,, dont go to youcarservicing, they just charge money for nothing ,,

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Mechanic charged $ 990, to fix car which include ,, radiator change , but i am pissed off coz still heating gauge goes lil bit up , grrrrrrrr.. his mechanic is thug ,, ,for everyone living near or around carnegie ,, dont go to youcarservicing, they just charge money for nothing ,,

What do you mean "goes up a little bit"

Why did you have the radiator changed in the first place?

pablo_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Got the mode button loose on my VZ steering wheel. How do I get to it, what causes it to come loose? Is it available separately as a spare part new or is it one part that does all three buttons as a cluster on the LHS of the steering wheel?
Is it a common fault?
The button works fine still, and didn't come loose until after I started driving it. Is it just something that can be 'snapped' back into place after I remove the horn/airbag cover, or is it broken plastic hinge or spring?

Dalebert91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
I had the Volume Up button come off on my 04 Berlina.
Just jammed it back in the hole it popped out of and it's been fine since.
It does move around, which I am seeking warranty replacement for (was bought from a dealer not long ago).

By the sounds of it (no pun intended), it appears to be a fairly common fault.