Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight Laws

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
This is a funny one, down here in victoria a guy with coloured parkers went to court. Judge ruled in favour of the driver and not the police. The judge stated that the coloured parkers actually INCREASE the visibility of a vehicle. Due to the fact that when parkers are used it's normally almost getting to night time, but not quite needed for white lights [which in certain circumstances can be bad in not dark driving].

Anyways, bottom line of that court case ruling was that you can use ANY coloured parkers so long as they are the SAME, so no red and blue for example, or purple and green. And secondaryily they could not be orange in colour. Red wasn't specified, but i would say myself not to put red on the front as it is used to indicate the rear of a vehicle.

Now, second question you have to ask yourself is should you wait until your off your P's before you get pulled over for them and fight the police with the facts? Or, you could take a trip down to your local police station and ask there. No harm in asking, and they're usually nice people.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
ADR 49/00 White in front, red at the rear, amber if reciprocally
incorporated with side –direction-indicators or side
marker lamps.

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
I had the xenon white parkers which i had bought off ebay and they were really good. About 5x brighter than the original stock ones. I then bought another set which turned out white/blue which were good until the pin snapped. Then wanted red ones which turned out pink lol If you see one pink VY Commodore parkers in Melbourne it's me, now in the process of getting red. But all in all the white is the best if you want to complete the look of your xenon white headlights. I have 6000kelvin pure white headlights which are about 2-3x brighter than the old lights and the xenon white parker i bought with it also was bright enough to be seen with the headlights, so it depends on who you buy it from and the wattage.