Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlights allways ON.. How do I turn them off?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Even if it was bought from one the DRL feature wouldnt be considered a negative feature requiring rectifying for free even if it is annoying to the OP.

That being said theres no harm in trying for a free fix.

Again all hypothectical. If purchased from a Holden used cars lot. Did he knowingly buy an ex telstra fleet vehicle? Did the sales person inform him of this? Was it explained that some of the vehicels features (like the headlights are always on when driving and can not be turned off) of this vehicle were different to what the vehicles user manual states?

This is in no way directed at those on this forum whom work for Holden. I don't wish to come over as being too anti holden, it's hard not to when you've had to constantly deal with their B/S like I have.

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
I bought an ex Telstra VE, had the lights on, it's definitely not a wiring mod it's in the computer. Took it to the local dealer and they charged/ripped me $105.00 to take it back to normal.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I fail to see the problem. NRMA has consitently proven that driving with lights on increases your visibility to others and lowers your risk of having an accident that's someone else's fault.

Daytime running lights is a GREAT feature and should be standard on all cars. Hell, it's law on a motorbike and there's an ADR that specifies all motorbikes must have the headlight on at all times from factory!

Why on EARTH would you want to disable this?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I bought an ex Telstra VE, had the lights on, it's definitely not a wiring mod it's in the computer. Took it to the local dealer and they charged/ripped me $105.00 to take it back to normal.
Yes. Damn them for not providing a service for free!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just some info to correct a bit of misinformation in this thread.

A licensed dealer does NOT have to inform a potential buyer of who the previous owner was, in fact, it is a breach of the privacy act. A potential buyer can look in the books and see for themselves, but the dealer or salesperson is bound by law not to disclose that information themselves.

Also, a vehicle used by a government department does not have to be returned to factory spec before it is sold either, all that happens is the department specific accessories and signage is removed. It is up to individual dealers whether or not they do it.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
If you don't wish to spend the $105 at Holden, I can tell you how to do it.

But just be advised that if you value your time at more than McDonalds do, you will be better off at Holden.:rofl2:

Last edited:

VWSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon
Thanks for all the reply's.

We bought the car at a government auction, so we weren't supprised that it was owned by telstra. Not that we have a problem with that as the car looked real nice (it looks better now with tinted windows , and being lowered) it has lowish K's, spotless interior etc etc. And best of all my wife loved it.
I just don't like the lights on all the time because in my opinion it looks stupid driving with the lights on during the day.
I don't mind paying to have it fixed either, but like most people, I hate being ripped by sacks of crap car dealers. (no offence to any sacks of crap car dealers that may be reading this :))
To me $120.00 to do a couple of tweeks on the computer sounds like a rip off, allthough, I have no idea at exactly what is required to fix it so $120.00 might be well justified. That's why in my original post I asked if that price sounds right. I was hoping that there might be some sort of code I could put in to change the settings.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I always have my lights on, you have to when 90% of drivers are retarded in Australia. Anything that makes you more visible is a help.

Driving with foglights on all the time is retarded but thats another story.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Thanks for all the reply's.

We bought the car at a government auction, so we weren't supprised that it was owned by telstra. Not that we have a problem with that as the car looked real nice (it looks better now with tinted windows , and being lowered) it has lowish K's, spotless interior etc etc. And best of all my wife loved it.
I just don't like the lights on all the time because in my opinion it looks stupid driving with the lights on during the day.
I don't mind paying to have it fixed either, but like most people, I hate being ripped by sacks of crap car dealers. (no offence to any sacks of crap car dealers that may be reading this :))
To me $120.00 to do a couple of tweeks on the computer sounds like a rip off, allthough, I have no idea at exactly what is required to fix it so $120.00 might be well justified. That's why in my original post I asked if that price sounds right. I was hoping that there might be some sort of code I could put in to change the settings.

Definitely not a code you can put in, they use a programmer. Not sure if VE's use the Tech2 also, but it's like a $8000 unit, they gotta make their money on it somehow.