Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headlights always on, extra dash modes

mattakaspeeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 BT1
Guys since nobody listens to what i say i will post the holden info sheet later tonight on this thread. This is the sheet that holden gave out with these cars and explains what the light function is for.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Guys since nobody listens to what i say i will post the holden info sheet later tonight on this thread. This is the sheet that holden gave out with these cars and explains what the light function is for.

Yes holden gave the option when purchusing the veichle if you permntly want the lights on as a safety feature. Most fleet and goverment cars got this. I have the actual saefty sheet with my manual can can scan it and pop on site if anyone likes, same thing goes for the ve's. IF you REALLY dont want them turned on all the time you have to take it to a holden dealer and it cost around $60 to disable them.

we did listen, but you dont have to get holden to do it for 60 when you can do it yourself,

ve's would be computer set, vz is patch loom

mattakaspeeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 BT1
Ok guys i have attached the telstra letter that explanis the headlights. NOW you have 2 options if you want to disable it:

1 = Take it to a Holden dealer for $60 to remove.

OR

2 = The second pic i have attached is of the actual harness that leaves the headlights on. To disable you must remove the dash fascia, disconnect the light switch, search for this harness and simply disconnect at both end, remove it and then reconnect and replace everything.

Hope thats better :D

Attachments

• letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 314
  • harness.jpg
    harness.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 335

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
thanks for that additional info and the pics are a bonus matt... will pass that on mate cheers for your help

rozuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
You guys are awesome!! Thanks for the photo mattakaspeeedy, I was able to remove the light switch without taking out the facia, locate the little black box, swap the wiring over and hey presto.... fixed!! What a cool forum!

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
For information and maybe a problem in the VZ instrument cluster in the long term.

Had a VT S1 Berlina, ex fleet car. The original owner didn't turn the headlights on during daylight hours. The LCD display ended up with "print through" damage from the screen displays always being on.
Got it replaced during warranty period. I found out later the secret in the VT was to turn the headlights on every time the car was started. This minimized the long term LCD display damage. Do the VZs suffer from this problem also?