Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater core

Keegzzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
So I've got a heater core leak confirmed by mechanic and pressure test. I don't have the time to fix at the moment and I'd like to temporarily bypass it. Other than the engine running a litter hotter will it cause other problems and what's the correct way to do it?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I doubt the engine would run hotter, but if you wanted to bodgy something up (there is no "correct" way to do this - the "correct" way is to replace it) I'd say remove the heater tap and just put a joiner there so it's out of the loop.

Be aware you can be defected for no working heater.

Keegzzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Yea I understand there's no correct way, I've ordered a replacement but I'm just flat out for a few weeks and just need a temp fix

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Just Block it off for now or just loop the hose from the top to the bottom. Done it before when mine let go. Keep the Replacement with you in the car in a case of being pulled over until you get to fix it.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Defect? That is if the vents do not work to allow the window to demist.
Simply use the a/c to demist the window if you have to, if it works then there's no issues.