Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater hose t piece- any ideas on remove

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hi guys

I have just discovered a hole in the heater hose t piece near the water pump, and can't see how I can remove the t piece. Any ideas- I'm desperate

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
u saying above the Thermo housing there is the Hose that comes in from the heater box(runs along side of block Drivers side) and go behind the waterpump the "T" looking bit and the top hose goes up to plenum???..... i had a leak there so i tapped this piece out and welded the end where my pin hole leak was.,,, tapped it back in being only a knock in piece and has been fine since,? i think i know the bit ur on about but hard to explain.
Use a piece of timber or a Long Screwdriver and tap it out it only a knock in piece.. not threaded or moulded..
Goodluck
Let us know how u go

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
u saying above the Thermo housing there is the Hose that comes in from the heater box(runs along side of block Drivers side) and go behind the waterpump the "T" looking bit and the top hose goes up to plenum???..... i had a leak there so i tapped this piece out and welded the end where my pin hole leak was.,,, tapped it back in being only a knock in piece and has been fine since,? i think i know the bit ur on about but hard to explain.
Use a piece of timber or a Long Screwdriver and tap it out it only a knock in piece.. not threaded or moulded..
Goodluck
Let us know how u go

Hi Detox

Thanks for your repsonse- just to clarify, I'm talking about the t piece that has a hose from the heater box and another smaller hose going up to the plenum. The leak is actually a small hole ( big enough) just near the plenum hose that has just started leaking like a sieve. The brother and I had a crack at it today and what we did was insert a brass pipe in to the t-piece from the heater end and then stick some metal glue on top of the hole, waited half the day and then stuck the heater hose back on. No more leak. Just on your solution, are you saying the t-piece can be prised off the water pump housing with a screwdriver ? Not sure when you say, you can tap it out.

After all that, I found another small leak on the thermostat cover ( not detected previously) will give it a crack next weekend.

Hopefully you can fill me in a bit more- I'd like to know how in the hell you tapped out that t-piece, mine looks pretty much stuck on.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
yeah man worked from the top and Tapeed it out using a long screwdriver came out reasonably easy...
i know the one your on about.it is a replaceable piece, it is a Steel(Not Brass, Cos i welded up the hole i had) Piece and tapped in to the rear of the waterpump impellar hole. Mine was leaking at the end of the piece and the barb for the hose for the plenum was also corroded out when i took it off to remove the "T" Piece.
T-Piece.jpg

Last edited:

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
That is a great photo- says it all, very much appreciated. Drove the VL a bit today, no leaks, but when I find a good t-piece I'll replace the patch up job. I tried a few places like Commwreck ( Melb.) only had two corroded ones, Repco didn't stock, Holden Dealer said it was an obsolete part, so could be hard to find. I know pick a part have about 12 VLs in stock, could be the go.

Thanks again.

S