Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

heater

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
Ok so today i replaced the whole heater/air con set up in the VR as i have been unable to find out why the heater wasnt working and kept fusing i thought bugger it will replace the lot.

i even replaced the colored vaccum leads and guess what it is doing exactly the same i turn the heater on and its blowing the fuse which is also fuse for the cluster and i now have no blinkers or hazzard lights but i do have windscreen wipers (WEIRD).

So if anyone has any ideas at all would apprecaite it.

And yes i have replaced the resistor, the fan motor, the heater core, the fuses. the relays, there is no wires jammed or pinching anywere

I can here the vaccum making a noise from behind the heater head unit thing its making a hissing noise liek air leaking but the vaccum plugy thing is sitting firm on to the little notches on the back of the heater head unit thingy

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
Thanks for all the feedback guys LOL

I ended up going to the auto electricians and it was a bit of a major mess thank god i went to them there was wires that needed resoldering and everything in both the engine bay fuses and under the dash fuses and whom ever owned the car before me had wires wired up to things that shouldnt be so yaah its all fixed up now after hours of work so i now have a heater/demister/lights/blinkers the lot

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Glad to hear you got it sorted.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
good that it's sorted. A shame you did all that work first for no result. Diagnosis can be the hardest part of sorting a fault
cheers

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
Normally i would refuse to give up and be determined to find the problem myself but when were getting in to the electrical side of things that i no very basic about thought its best to leave it to the experts and the things the auto elec found i would never in this life time even considered looking at..

Thank god its all running sweet as now

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
BUT

insaying that i am glad i got to play around and check and play with all the wiring etc i do like to no how everything runs and works lol