Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heavy metal fans...what showsa are you seein' soon?

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Yeah I was the one getting around in my Testament shirt that I got signed down at Utopia.

I drove into Broadway so I wasn't drinking.. Didn't get into the pit much, it was too brutal for my sober ass lol.

Haha yeah, I remember seeing you give Alex the high five on stage! How about that baldy security guy who pretty much pushed anyone off the stage who came near the band after you.

Here's a pic of the shirt:

Picture3.jpg

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
Trivium are terrible....

The only metal concert I'll be attending in the upcoming months so far is Slayer/Mastodon.

I'll be going to Eric Clapton at the end of January.

Went to G3, Gamma Ray, Fear Factory, Gigantour, Danzig, Dark Tranquillity all pretty recently though.

Danzig would have been insane am I right? I've been a massive fan of Glenn Danzig-era ('77-'82ish) Misfits and a lot of his Danzig band stuff, dude is crazy big looking too!!

I was going to go to Slayer but money is pretty tight at the moment, seeing as I'm paying tafe fees, saving for a trip etc.

Was going to see Clapton but he was playing too soon to the time Roger Waters was and at $150 bucks for a ticket I wasn't shelling out for Clapton as well!

I'm regretting missing Testament and Kreator last year, I gotta stop going to so many punk and indie shows and start going to some more metal ones before all the good bands start disappearing.

I'd cancel almost anything to see Anthrax if they came out soon though.

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
I was infront of a butch chick security guard most of the night and when Chuck said "you guys can come on up if you want just don't break anyone's ****" I just walked right past her and she slammed me back and was like "wtf are you doing? you can't go there" so I was so annoyed I ran into the pit and found a big guy and said "oi lift me up man" and I got tossed onstage. It was rad!

That chick was gnarly though. One guy tried to get onstage when you weren't supposed to, and he jumped with one foot on the stage and she grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him out of the air. One of the photographers infront of the barrier got nailed when he landed on his head.

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
Trivium are terrible....

The only metal concert I'll be attending in the upcoming months so far is Slayer/Mastodon.

I'll be going to Eric Clapton at the end of January.

Went to G3, Gamma Ray, Fear Factory, Gigantour, Danzig, Dark Tranquillity all pretty recently though.

Yay! I was Trivium at BDO too, but I'm in Perth, and yes I too went to see Eric Clapton... Damn, he is one fine musician. Danzig still play? I thought they were an mid 80's - early 90's backwash?

At the Leederville on the 4th of March (For you Perth ppl), I'd recommend seeing 'The Restless Words'.:w00t:

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
I'm seeing the butterfly effect tonight at my university bar!

karlos_1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Yeah i seen Fear Factory tis year, loved the show, i really tought the crowd woulda been far more instense, they really didnt turn out to be the mad bastards i thought theyd be, was too relaxed, but the gig was great.
Saw butterfly effect late last year in Orange, didnt know the band that much, but was a great show. Biggest regret is missin mighty Mustaine at Gigantour last year in Sydney, who has a ****in metal festival on a sunday night? Makes it hard for country blokes to get back to work on time.
Have seen Metallica at their own sow in 04, best time of my life it was so great, and a long set too. Also seen Avenged Sevenfold last year at te UNSW roundhouse bar. That was an awesome gig, they covered Walk by Pantera, my personal favourite of the night.
GOna head out to Luna Park in June n see Cog, Shihad, Grinspoon and all them bands, not really metal, but great all the same.
Here in Cowra we got Silverchair playin this friday, cos we won the Triple J One Nigt Stand competition. Not metal aswell, but as long as they dish out some old tunes it will be awsome, expectin 20,000 plus ppl to hit town for that. Put a post up here about it aswell.

Can't afford Slayer tix. Next band i wana see is Megadeth, im not missin them ever again.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Can't wait til SLAYERRRRR tonight!

I saw Slayer sunday night. Was ****ing awesome. However the general admin area was somewhat more placid then was expected. But none the less, moshing was done, and bruises have been recieved. Great show.

Seeing DragonForce in may, hopefully Dimmu Borgir comes down as well as Cradle of Filth (as long as they dont play that **** from Thornography :) )

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Man the pit up the front was too hektik for me. I dehydrated after about 6 songs, in the middle of Raining Blood of all things lol.

Seriously, after the show my shirt was drenched and it was so cold.

Had to wait 1 hour for our bus driver to leave the pub for the 2 hour ride home lol.