Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hee hee hee

R

rattattack1313

hee hee hee.... my young fella, Dan , just bought a vn for $700 off me mate...the running gear is perfect, just the interior of fuggged.... previous owner had a bull terrier, and always took it with her in the car.......... and just now, when I was dropping him off at work , his boss told him his son Matthew has a vn with a fugged motor, but great interior, that Dan could have for $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matthew and his Dad are real Holden nuts...Matthew runs a business in Brisbane called "Bonzer Automotive "...07 38466560.....does race cars etc.... he has a "Chevota"... a toyota dyna, with a 6.1 chevy donk in it...... it has a checkerplate tray on the back, with a drum winch and ramps , fuel cells, oil cells, tool cells, beer fridge....and it can wheelstand, with a car on the tray!!
so Dan has signed up on here, ( yesterday) and is proud as hell... :yeah:
so Matthew is gunna drop both around on the weekend....Dan will have to learn about repairing fences...(only way to get them in the back yard)....and he will have a litttle hobby for a few months...get her going, tyres, reg...and another commo back on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
good stuff mate, hope he gets it done. im doin the same thing with a vn wagon. got it for 550 from melbourne, great running gear, shitful interior. owner was a jack of all trades. didnt even use roofracks, but i wasnt lucky enough to get a good one for 200, so i have just been goin 2 the wreckers where im gettin parts cheap from a mate, my interiors now a berlina.

R

rattattack1313

yea mate... he is almost as fanatical as i am about the commos...lol... i reckon he was as lucky as to get a deal like that.....he still has to get his licence tho...lol..

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Same with my car, bourght my 1990 vn for $500, interior was stuffed but found a complete interior(i mean every bit of plastic) for $275 in mint condition. Everything else on the car is fine, just had some dramas with cooling although thats all fixed now. Must also be quite common to have a dog in these vn's ;)

Car should be licensed next week :D

R

rattattack1313

dans vn's..

wow.... Dan will post pix in the morning...... he did pretty well , for $900.. :p ....plus all the spares we might need in the future...lol.......we just have to rip the motor & tranny out of one, and stick it in the other, then clean it all up.....new rubber on her.... then rego, and he will be acruising!!!!!The poor bugger can hardly sit still.....hee hee hee.... you will all loooove the new interior of his vn...lol......Matthew from Bonzer Automotives is dropping both off tomorrow......now he will HAVE to start L -plating it a lot more........( so I can get out of it :drink: and he can drive me home..lol... :D )...Dan and I will have to have a chat to a few of you, and find out how much **** we are in, changing motors and trannies over..... it's got to be done in the back yard, I'm afraid, so we buy a shadecloth shelter thingie for them....and will hire an A-frame etc for doing the swap -overs........but we will need specs, I expect...lol...we have all the tools we will need ( I hope!!!! :unsure: ), so with some help from some of you wonderful people :D , we will soon have another commodore back on the road.... :king: ..

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Why don't you just swap the interior which would be a hell of a lot easier...

R

rattattack1313

Torana said:
Why don't you just swap the interior which would be a hell of a lot easier...
yea mate..we will wait and see when we get them home this arvie.....but..the $200 car with the good interior and blown up motor is a better paint job etc...only thing wrong with it is blown up donk, minor ding in front left guard, and the bonnet and /or bonnet hinges are shot.... to get the other car going,(the $700 one ) we will have to swap virtually the entire interior, as welll as a door or two, and we all know that it is really had to get everything back in properly....swapping motors seems the best option at the moment...see what happens when we get them here.....either way, it will be a fantastic learning curve for me lad.... he has always assisted me in repairs on our last Holden (HJ Wagon) ...diffs, gearboxes, motors,wheels,he helped heaps when we had that car....

V

VN_Dan

VN_Dan

hey all,
here is a pic of the cars, the blue $200 one.... lol, and the grey $700 one, with a shabby interiour but a fantastic motor and tranny. :king:

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Hehe...I would stick with the grey COMMODORE lol :whistling

Sounds like a great project Dan - have fun and good luck!

Bec :wave: