Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

helicopter crash in NZ

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
He was lucky he was not very high off the ground. Not much momentum for impact. Just had to avoid getting hit by all the flying pieces. I’m not sure I call any accident lucky but I guess he is one of the few air crash pilots who get to talk about their stack.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I saw this on the news. Someone's gonna' get their ass kicked for not watching properly & signalling him that he was too close to the wires.

WTF? That's all 100% pilot error!

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
WTF? That's all 100% pilot error!
LMFAO. Fair conclusion from 15 seconds of film! Better get in touch with their accident investigation team and save them some time. I guess they can just sweep the bits into a bin.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
LMFAO. Fair conclusion from 15 seconds of film! Better get in touch with their accident investigation team and save them some time. I guess they can just sweep the bits into a bin.

It is 100% the pilot's responsibility to ensure he doesn't fly into cables. The cable he hit was there - it's not like someone through the cable into the rotor blades!

I have quite extensive experience in aviation so I'm more than capable of making that statement and knowing I'm right.

(and yes, I unblocked you, and no I'm not surprised you're still talking crap all over the place)

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Aeronautical engineering major checking in....

The helicopter's manufacturer is clearly to blame for this incident. According to NZS3045 S12(a)(3) all helicopters should be fitted with reverse parking sensors.

Also I was named 'TOPGUN' in 2005 so I'm more than capable of making that statement and knowing I'm right.

And yes, in 1986 I went to the danger zone.... TWICE!

I was also MVP of my local RAAF touch footy team 2008... no big deal.

Tom_Cruise_Motorcycle.jpg

Last edited:

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
It is 100% the pilot's responsibility to ensure he doesn't fly into cables. The cable he hit was there - it's not like someone through the cable into the rotor blades!

I have quite extensive experience in aviation so I'm more than capable of making that statement and knowing I'm right.

(and yes, I unblocked you, and no I'm not surprised you're still talking crap all over the place)
“not like someone threw the cable”

And your experience counts for nothing if you make stupid comments.

ps please block me again. ;-)