Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hello from the US. Sorry for being American.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
welcome bigjoe. enjoy your stay!

bigjoe

Reaction score
I'm having a great time talking to you guys, and thanks for the links. That's a bit more money than I wanted to part with for the intake, but the links have given me a couple of great ideas for my intake. I'll post up a pic later of my engine bay so you can get a better idea. And give you a good view of a crappy 2.2L!:D

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
good stuff. have you thought about flipping the stock l36 manifold around so the tb comes out the front? im still doing this with a l27 manifold i got sent over here. fun bit is the belt setup, making clearance for everything.

or possibly steal the manifold from the transam motor and use that

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
Yeah never mind about the Twin TB setup, not worth it for the $$$. For that money you could get the supercharged L36(l67) easily but you have a budget to keep with..
The L36 can go reasonably quick with a custom chip,exhaust,etc. anyway..

Now a Q for you:
What do you think of the 87-88 IROC camaros, i could get a real nice one sent over to OZ for around $12-$15000AU. Whats your opinion of them and is that a good price? And whats their reputation of reliability?
IE:

Attachments

• 87IROCcamaro-smaller.jpg
    87IROCcamaro-smaller.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

bigjoe

Reaction score
Yeah never mind about the Twin TB setup, not worth it for the $$$. For that money you could get the supercharged L36(l67) easily but you have a budget to keep with..
The L36 can go reasonably quick with a custom chip,exhaust,etc. anyway..

Now a Q for you:
What do you think of the 87-88 IROC camaros, i could get a real nice one sent over to OZ for around $12-$15000AU. Whats your opinion of them and is that a good price? And whats their reputation of reliability?
IE:

I was thinking about my budget earlier. For the price of the twin TB manifold, I could pay for my entire swap! I'm just going to stick with the stock intake, and adapt it to fit. I'll see what it looks like swapped around, first, but I'll probably make a u-bend to route it where I need it.

As for the IROC, they're sweet cars. I had an older model, a 1984, and I loved it. It was wicked fast with just a 5.0L. Traction was always a problem, it wheel spins very easily. If you plan to put some serious power to it, I would upgrade the rear diff. They were a bit on the weak side. Parts are very easy to get here, don't know about there. They're very reliable, with no real problems. By 1987, it had been in production for about 6 years, so they had most of the bugs worked out by then.
As for the price, I don't know how much shipping is, but most cars like that go for around 7-9,000 in USD for a VERY good one.

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
Thanks for that, i reckon the IROC's are pretty cool. Id love to get one shipped over so il keep looking.

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
Just wondering mate, how much do the Buick V6 engine covers sell for at the wreckers over there? Our V6's never had engine covers unless you had an Ecotec V6.