Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help 2000 Wh statesman super 6

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
Thanks I'm now debating to sell whole or wreck. I just can't believe how it's the one car that is regularly maintained and no 1 picked up the faulty water pump grrr

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 (conversion)
sorry to hear that mate, it sucks :(

just curious was the temp gauge needle on red when it overheated? I had a leaking thermostat o-ring yesterday, and the engine got pretty warm... the temp gauge was fluctuating a fair bit but never went more than ~ 3/4 way up. (usually sits around 1/3 between the 1st and second mark)

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
yep and the car was beeping at me so i turned it off straight away weird thing was a whole week before that it sat on half temp (where it usually sat at) it didnt even look like over heating so the water pump just sh*t itself and caused the damage i'm still undecided as to wether i should sell the car whole as is or start wrecking it.... omg i still cant beleive i bought a supercharged model heap of ****** lol

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Replacing heads,is not that big a deal,it's just labour intensive.Whereabouts in Brisbane are you?You could get a price on heads,gaskets etc and then reconsider your options.I replaced an inlet manifold gasket a few weeks ago and that was so simple,in fact I think cleaning throttle body and sensors took as much time as the actual job.I replaced my rocker cover gaskets while I was at it and believe me a pair of heads wouldn't have added that much extra time.You won't know the damage for sure until you remove the heads so why not do that before making such a drastic decision.Perhaps you could be a bit "glass half full" and say to yourself "let's fix this f*#*er.It all may seem **** at the moment(cos it is) but it may not need to be the end of the world.Good luck with your decision mate,if you decide to have a go you won't be entirely on your own.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
What actually wrong, cracked head or head gasket? I had manifold gaskets done a couple years back and while the Mechanics was down there I got the heads pulled off and cleaned up, new exhaust valves and head gasket+manifold and rocker cover gaskets all for about $1700. Better off getting it fixed rather than wrecking the whole car

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
Pretty sure cracked head but the inlet manifold gasket is A1 the mechanic said its been replaced before. I live up on the north side of brizzy we priced new heads to look at the option of doing it our selves but the whole supercharger thing is something we don't know much we've owned a stack of commo's this the first supercharged. Also money is not on our side with two small kiddies one who has a disability

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Hi mate,I'll get a price on heads from over my way tomorrow.Who knows,they may be ridiculously expensive,or quite the opposite.I'll stick up a post as soon as I can.As far as the supercharger goes,I haven't done one either but at the end of the day it's just another bunch of bits.I'd imagine that the heads would be quite different though cos the s/c engine would have lower compression.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Hey mate,sadly,no joy today.I think that I've checked all of the wreckers on Brisbane's southside and a few down the coast with no luck.I guess if you were certain that you'd take them if found,then it may be worth putting it up on the wreckers hotline.Anyway,most yards agreed that s/c heads would be worth around $125 each but that's just a figure which only matters if they're available.Sorry mate,I'll keep my ear to the ground but ,if you're thinking that you may repair your engine,then it's worth putting it out there for all to see cos who knows where one head or both may turn up.Keep your thread up to date,as you have been doing,and who knows a bit of luck may pop up.Good luck mate.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
"Chemiweld"....we all will agree that this is not an ideal fix,however,in this case it may be an answer.I'm not going to elaborate with my own personal experiences cos I've a had a couple and they've been varied but have a look on Google and there are literally hundreds of posts which cover an interesting range of applications.If you want to take a punt on a temporary fix,which may or may not give you some breathing space,then I reckon it may be just what the doctor ordered.I will add that if you decide to go down this path,read the manufacturers directions and follow them to the letter.Good luck mate.