Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help, a leaking master cylinder

valeriy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore s1
hey guys
i got a 1997 vt s1
about month ago or so i lost my brakes when car has been running for a long time and was pretty hot, i checked all the brake parts and found that my master cylinder was leaking and the fluid was all contaminated.
So a few days ago replaced the master cylinder and flushed all the fluid through the whole system, it seemed like that fixed the problem, no more spongy pedal or any leaks.
today went to check under the bonnet to see that the new master is leaking from the bottom of the reservoir...this really gave me the shits because it was brand new and all (how ever the pedal still feels good).
can anyone help me and tell me wtf is wrong with it and why is doing it again???
do the low pads or low disks have anything to do with this cause the rear are getting fairly low!
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Did you replace the 2 rubber grommets ( the seals between the reservoir and the master cylinder) with new ones?

valeriy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore s1
hey mate
got a whole new pbr master cylinder!! and its still leaking :/

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Sorry, it's got me beat. Perhaps someone else can help but you might need to wait a while because Friday night is very quiet here.

valeriy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore s1
thanks for your time anyway mate!!
yeah hope to get some help here as i do everything on the car myself and dont like paying anyone to do :p
the new master is still under warranty so might go through the process of getting replaced/fixed!!

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Did you replace the 2 rubber grommets ( the seals between the reservoir and the master cylinder) with new ones?
i dont know about modern cars, but it shouldnt be leaking from a new master cylinder. then only way it would leak is past the piston/seals in the cylinder, which means cylinder is ####ed , but i might be wrong , wouldnt thoose other seals be for vacume

valeriy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore s1
the piston seals at the back of the master are fine!! vacuum sealed?? how does that work??