Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP - Audio installation in vs ute

davfull

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy v6 acclaim
the best place for a sub in a commodore ute is in the space under the removeable panel in the tray, next to the fuel tank. a box can be made to fit in this area and it sounds great.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Sounds great yes but wont last long , rain DOES get in there no matter what you do , 10" will fit behind passenger seat and have the same output as one in the tray.
I think you will find in that pic that the 12" has been cut through the metal which is illegal.
6x9s that close to your ear will be just plain nasty !

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Don't go for the 6x9's, thats just plain nasty! I would recommend Splits in the doors.
Mount a 10" in between the seats, not high powered, just something low...around 120 Wrms. Then you can either us a 2 channel amp to power it or a 4 channel to power the splits as well.

Like KAL SPL said. That 12" is highly illegal, it's damaged the structural integrity of the car. It would be considered a statutory write off and the car would not pass a roadworthy (theoretically speaking of course, but we all know about dodgy roadworthys *shudders* )

YamahasRsweet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s pac
my brother has a vs ute with a 12 inch sub in it and just spilts in the doors and it sounds really good to me. the sub is located behind the passenger seat down a lot lower than the one in that pic and with the amp under the passenger seat.

F

foxy

subs in vr ute

here's a couple of photos of two 10 inch subs legally installed with four channel amp running subs and splits in front doors. This setup is producing 142.3 db and has won clarity comps before total install for subs only is around the $1200 with the subs. You can fit one 12 inch sub in that spot aswell also sounds good. Good luck in your decision.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
erm....pics?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
KAL SPL said:
Sounds great yes but wont last long , rain DOES get in there no matter what you do , 10" will fit behind passenger seat and have the same output as one in the tray.
I think you will find in that pic that the 12" has been cut through the metal which is illegal.
6x9s that close to your ear will be just plain nasty !
i had the ole sub box in the fuel tank slot and never had a single problem with rain. i did have a plastic tray liner so i guess that may have helped...

people, do a search, i have posted pics of what the box looks like

Waldo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II
Thanks for all thoughts on this post so far!
Would like to c those pictures!!