Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help!!! car wont start

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive series 1 v6 1989
i own a 1989 vn commodore series 1 and it was on gas but i removed it because it was buggered needed 2 have all the gas lines redone and bottle restamped so i removed it.. the bottle and the lines came out fine but i got to the ecu area and cut out all the wires for the gas but not my car wont start. i changed the engine loom because i thought i cut some thing i shouldnt have but it still wont start its getting spart and turning over but just wont fire

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
no i dont think so cant here iw whining when i turn the key

VNVacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Vacationer
Check for power at the pump connector, if no power check the fuse and see if the relay is working. If there is power maybe the pump has packed it in if its been using only the gas for a while

sheded_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6, VN Exec on nitrous budget skid car
i also have the same problem with my vn station wagon, removed the gas system and the car wont start, i have fuel at the rail, spark etc im thinking maybe with gas systems they wire something in to cut injector pulse? question is where do they tap into the car to do this? anyone with any experience with gas systems provide any feed back?

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
i had the same problem i changed the engine loom because i couldnt figure out what they did with changing wires and soldering stuff in.... thak god the gas is gone tho... im pritty sure they wire it up so when its running on gas the ecu stops sending the pulce 2 the injectors but i found this out after i finished

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
check for power at the injectors , the most common injector cut was at c 14 and c 15 wires at the ECU , depending on what system was wired in before hand there might have been external relays fitted or the lpg module had internal relays . also a fuel cut relay may have be used or not , any info on the lpg system that was fitted would be a good start

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Did it have a switch that could choose between: gas, fuel, and nothing (security purpose I suppose). My mate had one and the car wouldn't start, turned out it was switched to nothing, cause maybe you left that on gas, or nothing.