Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help - Car wont start

COINERS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY.10
About 2 weeks ago I got in to my car to drive to work and my car wouldn’t start. I was turning the key and the car was starting up but it wouldn’t click over.
Any way my car was parked on slop and I thought id just roll it in to my garage and deal with it later. As it was rolling down the hill. I thought id see if it would start. And for some reason it started up fine as it was rolling. (My car is auto so I don’t know why)
About a week later I was leaving my local shopping centre and as I was cruzing the and the car just conked out. Kept trying to restart it but it was the same, wasn’t kicking over. Then after a while it started to make the ticking sounds like I had a flat battery. Anyway I got it towed to my mechanics and they told me it was a flat battery.
So the car runs fine for maybe 2 weeks until 2nite. After a fun night @ the pokies. I get in to my car. Start it up. And the same thing was happening. It wasn’t ticking over. So after about 5 mins I decided to call the RACV. I gave it one more shot and the car started fine.
Then on the way home around 50 meters from my house the car conked out again (stalled) Luckily I was able to roll it in to my drive way Thank god.

My car is a 1992 VP sedan. Done about 299500 km and id love to see it click over to 300,000 so if anyone can help me out by telling me what they think it going on. Would be great.

Thanks guys

Nick

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
I also forgot to mention.
My car was serviced about 3 weeks ago. Got a new computer as it has been running really rich. It stalled a few months ago was able to start it back up, but when I did the car blew heaps of smoke.

i'm thinking fuel pump on the way out....

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
yeah got it checked out. its the bloody cas.
apparently this happens alot if you get a new computer put in..
anyway thanks for your help guys

interesting,thanks for the info,glad you got it sorted...:thumbsup:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
if your battery went flat could be a good idea to get a multi on the alternator