Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Installing Dvd Player In Vt

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Evening Everyone,
I'm currently in the middle of installing a dvd player but i am unable to get this working....Now i have the vt wiring diagram in front of me as well as the diagram for my head unit...Now here goes maybe someone can help as i'm at a loss to know what goes where atm.....Now on my head unit(Dvd Player)I have the speaker wires hooked up...Now i need to know where these other wires connect to the vt..Wires are:brake wire connects to??????Red B+???Yellow back-up B +????<--is this one for the battery???and blue auto antenna????....Wires from vt,like i have two wires going no-where...anyway wires are as follows-->accessory(yellow)...battery(orange/white)<---i don't have orange white so is this suppose to be orange/black???constant(yellow/red)dimmer in(brown/white and dimmer out(grey)antenna down (blue)....I hope someone can shed some light...I wondering if anyone can understand what i'm writing but i'm trying to explain this the best i can...anyway if anyone can help me on this would be much appreciated,cheers

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec 3.8L V6
Kall911 said:
brake wire connects to??????
Red B+???
Yellow back-up B +????
blue auto antenna????

hey i can explain some for u but i may not be 100%
brake wire is supposed to be connected to the handbrake switch so u can only watch the dvd player while the hand brake is up but a tip if you just ground it, ie hook it to the metal chassis part it will work (thats only for test purposes)
red is the acc, so get a multimeter and hook one side of the meter to negative once agian the chassis of ur car and touch all the wires get familiar which one has voltage and which one doesnt and then turn the key over and measure again and u will c one of the wires will have 12v on it, also do the same for the head lights as that is whre u will hook up ur dimmer wire,as for the antenna, with that one i usually leave for last and hope its the right wire that your about to give 12v to........any way pm me if u have any more questions hope this has helped.

cheers
Al