Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help. Locked keys in boot :(

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
We've been meaning to get a spare too...

So the missus just rang me - the kids have locked the keys in the boot - what do I do? I'm thinking go out and smash rear quarter glass?

Chees

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Do you have a RACQ membership with roadside assist or something? Make it their problem.

I had mine sitting on the boot jamb in my old car and closed the boot - that was bloody frustrating because i could see them and touch them but wasn't able to get them or use them!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Is the car actually open:???

Easiest way is to get into the car itself.... I've broken into many a vn-vs for me an my mates especially my vq twice now!!! LoL

I just pry the top of the driver door open an use 2 coat hangers with hooks an pop the doorlock...

Cheers
MaT

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Decided to sign up to RACQ road assist. $200 for 2yr membership or $88 callout plus additional charges to get into car. I have brought the kids home and left the wife waiting with the car.

I thought about popping the rear quarter glass (ie with a hammer) but a large crowded public place and the thought of that alarm going off...

Guess I should see about getting that spare key :)

njnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C/SPORT 5.0L 5Spd
Dont smash qaurter glass expensive
Almost get a new windscreen cheaper and easier fitted.

Impossible with a coathanger, Lock upright pass on interior side of skin and is not accessable.
Can try coat hanger hook locks but is gonna be messy with doorjambs and scratchs.

If i had to smash a window to do it, it would be a windscreen cause i know i could get it replaced and fitted same day under $250. It is a cost, but it will get around RACQ

njnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C/SPORT 5.0L 5Spd
As for alarm what model, FLASH?ie. Clubsport? only top range holdens, and most HSV's have audible alarm, unless it is aftermarket fitted, usually only immobilized and key access mech.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
VXII Calais. Took RACQ guy 10minutes to get in (he reckons they are hard and it was his first VT/VX) Alarm went as soon as he unlocked it.

Funniest part was the boot release (ie in glovebox) is faulty - so the missus was madly trying to get the key out of the boot to switch off the alarm - she had to pull the middle rear seat forward and feel around in the dark boot for the key (she doesn't know about the pull down boot release inside the boot) beeep beep beeeep :)

Callie6lt

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 5LT CALAIS
smash the side window its actually cheaper than the q-panel, you don't want to drive with a smashed windscreen!