Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help me about a few probs

slaben

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
A few things wrong with my VS...

Ive got a series 2 manual VS exec, and its got a few little things wrong with it that i need some help with.

1. Every now and then the whole heating/aircon system doesnt work. Ie, the heater, aircon, fan, rear windscreen defroster. It all doesnt work. Its never kind of flickering(which leads me to believe it not just a dry connection), its either on or off, off for maybe 10 - 20 minutes and then will be fine for a few days.

2. 5th gear feels sticky as your putting it in or taking it out, like its got heaps of resistance compared to all the other gears. I have checked the gearbox oil and its full, so i dont know whats going on with that.

3. The clutch in this car is damn LOOOONG i have to move the seat more forward than comfortable just to engage it all the way. are there easy to install cheap kits to shorten it? or what else can i do?

thanks guys any help on these issues would be appreciated

Last edited:

slaben

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
Come on guys i know someone has an idea about this stuff

V

vsII manual

Hi mate, i have the same car too and once similar problems.

1) I had the prob with the fan , aircon etc and it turned out to be a relay switch. Not sure which one but the sparky fixed it quick stix.
2) My fifth gear is a bit "sticker" than other gears. I just put it down to not using it too often.
3) My clutch is long, think it might have something to do with it being hydraulic. I can put my fott down about 3 inches and the clutch engages.

I wouldn't worry about it, my car still goes like a shower of **** hope yours does too, the gear box and clutch have not proven to be problems yet.
If anything i wish the gear stick throw was shorter. I know this can be done just not sure who sells the parts needed?

slaben

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
yeh i wanna shorten the shift as well, so the 10 meter clutch doesnt bother you? you just dont put it down all the way?

V

vsII manual

Well if im at the lights in neutral ill put it all the way down to go to first.
But once moving only put it about half way down. It doesn't crunch or anything like that so im assuming its ok to do.
It does piss me off though that it is like a 10 meter clutch, dont know what holden were thinking!