Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me decide which chip.

bwian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s111 ute 3.8
I have a 2000 vs v6, which looks identical to pic. Has power windows, aircon, leather handbrake and seat bolsters. I believe it is Olympic edition and has a VT motor, but has no badges, other than the ecotec below side indicators.
Looking at a memcal from mace, but not sure of chip to get, or if the car is Olympic. Build says August 2000.

Attachments

• holden_ute_vs_ser1_02.jpg
    holden_ute_vs_ser1_02.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 48

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I don't know if any of the information you have supplied is relevant but regarding the memcal don't waste your money. Get your car tuned. Perhaps someone in your area can help you with a good tuner.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Tunes work best with supporting modifications, do your mods then get your tune.

Don't go the other way around.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeap, there was no VT ute until the vu release. So the VS ute ran until 2000. So yes, you do have a 2000 VS ute.
I cannot think of any engine difference between VS and VT, so should be the same either way (p.s not a v6 expert)

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I have an Olympic 2000 VS Ute, only thing different it had the options of elect windows and an Olympic badge on the pillar each side, maybe a few interior items upgraded.
Some parts like Door Actuators are VT.

As for a Memcal... Do you have extractors or such or will you be adding them? If you want to keep it stock, fine just get a MACE Memcal this https://www.maceengineering.com.au/...Shops/mace/Products/MEM605/SubProducts/MEM606

If you want to get a Bigger Throttle Body, CAI and Extractor n Sports Exhaust.... Get it all fitted then select the memcal option to suit your application.

bwian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s111 ute 3.8
Cheers for replies.
Was looking at catback. Not keen on noise but. Does dual muffler catback quieten the growl?
Just plugged in Envyous ALDL with Tunerpro and used vs file to have a look, so I guess all the engine is still vs, even though sedans and wagons ceased in 1997. A lot of fluctuation with 02 sensors
What mods would be handy to have? I replaced coil pack with cheap ebay, Now getting odd stutter at idle maybe once a day, it's an auto btw. So a few things are on the cards to replace and clean.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Extractors, exhaust, cold air, tune.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Yeap, there was no VT ute until the vu release. So the VS ute ran until 2000. So yes, you do have a 2000 VS ute.
I cannot think of any engine difference between VS and VT, so should be the same either way (p.s not a v6 expert)
VT has EGR. VS III didn't get it - wasn't mandatory then. I dunno why Holden introduced it early