Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help me go fast!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
yeah it was a stronger engine but it wasnt anything special (ie forged pistons, forged crank, higher flowing heads apart from port n polish from memory it didnt even have copper headgaskets???)
It had a fair wack of head work done, and would say that it was running coppers.

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
yeah but nothing crazy like stage 2 buick heads or increased valve/port size, just ported n polished for better flowing, was it running copper gaskets??? i remember they used the ACL rebuild kit which didnt come with copper gaskets but im probbly wrong as they did heaps to it

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
I just priced up my short including machining and its over $5K (not including bolts and balancer). Thats what it takes to build a reliable performance engine. We don't all drive V6's mate, some of us need a few more rods and the like.
We can't all slap a SC14 on our V6's and think its fast. Also how can you critise the likes of me and Tim when you post questions like 'I have fitted a SC14 blower, does my CPU need a remap'...........get your hand off it

*Remember to buy windows 98 to run the tune on my CPU*

Firstly your thick.... My car was modded before i bolted tha charger on, therefore the fuel ratio's were wrong so you get your hand off it....that is if you got something to put your hand on. Secondly you don't know anyhting about my car as i have not been on this forum for ages. Its not running a sc14 anymore its running twin t28's with fully rebuilt engine and trans+++ Can't be stuffed writing everything else. Its close to running 12's itself. But for around 15-20k she's running beautiful, i have done many passes down AIR with minimal problems bar a fuel line bursting. I'm sorry Mr big v8 man did i step on your shoes??? And as for me thinkin my cars fast, i know its fast....cheers buddy:thumbsup:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Firstly your thick.... My car was modded before i bolted tha charger on, therefore the fuel ratio's were wrong so you get your hand off it....that is if you got something to put your hand on. Secondly you don't know anyhting about my car as i have not been on this forum for ages. Its not running a sc14 anymore its running twin t28's with fully rebuilt engine and trans+++ Can't be stuffed writing everything else. Its close to running 12's itself. But for around 15-20k she's running beautiful, i have done many passes down AIR with minimal problems bar a fuel line bursting. I'm sorry Mr big v8 man did i step on your shoes??? And as for me thinkin my cars fast, i know its fast....cheers buddy:thumbsup:

dont worry. people just dont like v6s that are more powerful than their v8s

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Down AIR you say...........right. Secondly show me some proof of the turbo setup.........no one would leave that they have a SC14 in there sig if they had twin turbo's.
Also with the retune your missing my point. Since when does a VN run a CPU:bang:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
dont worry. people just dont like v6s that are more powerful than their v8s
HAHAHA!! Thats got nothing to do with it mate. Tim posted the same comments and he has a 6.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Hahahahaha, A CPU???? Thats the funniest thing i have heard in ages! What does he use Windows 98 to run his V6?? LOL Seriously dude, if you had any clue about building a performance engine you wouldnt have chosen a SC14 charger to boost your V6. Anyway, at the end of the day if you want to walk around with your head in the clouds then who am i to argue??

Go an get your ****box VL and see how much money it costs to get it to run reliably fast, i think you will be in for a nasty suprise.

In the mean time, i'm going to trade my 200rwkw L67 V6 for a SC14 charged VN V6!!! Seems like the way to build a performace car!

Nice one a ****box vl is better than a grampa UC torana. Who said i was building a performance car. I work on them thats all....But your opinion helped me out so much. If your ever in adelaide feel free to challenge my ride gramps we'll see how YOU do....:rip: tori

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nice one a ****box vl is better than a grampa UC torana. Who said i was building a performance car. I work on them thats all....But your opinion helped me out so much. If your ever in adelaide feel free to challenge my ride gramps we'll see how YOU do....:rip: tori
Lets see, Tims UC makes more power, it weights less, it looks better............know which one I would have and which would win your petty race.
Also where do you plan on racing in Adelaide?

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
now i think we are all getting a little nasty now. so we should all settle a bit.. i am pretty sure someone will close this thread down the way it is going..

vnv6vengeance ya should post some pics of your twin turbo setup. it would be good to have a look how ya set it all up. i have a single turbo setup on my car. would be good to complare..