Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP ME PLEASE, Big brake problems!!!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hey dudes,

Have put Twin piston upgrade kit on my front end.
Everything bolted on fine, no dramas there.

First had trouble with bleeding the brakes, kept getting air through the lines.
Found out was leaking from the master cylinder, replaced that, all good, its not leaking now.
Bled all 4 brakes, all seemed fine, pedal is firm as a brick, and pressure in it seems really good, how it SHOULD be.

Started the car.... No F'in front brakes...
WTF is going on.....
It is firm as hell while the car is OFF, but as soon as i start the car and put my foot on pedal it sinks to the floor.
Cannot find a leak any where, bled the brakes again, trying both when car is off and when car is on, and no air came through the lines, yet still NO BRAKES.

Cant some one please help, cars been off the road for a week doing this crap, and im completly over it, i need it back on the road, so i can take it to scrap metal!!!!!!

Cheers,
Geoff

Last edited:

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
ok ive never done it, but have you got the v8 master cyclinder coz you need that .
then when you bleed you start from the furthest point to you get to the driver front then all should be bonza
hope this helps

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
I replaced the master cyl with the exact same one it had, but BRAND NEW
Found out its because of the ABS module, but not sure what to do about it

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
No good, not sure about ABS, but im 100% you need a v8 M/C. clean up the new one see if you can swap it for a v8 one, i think there a 1 inch unit. i take it this is for your vn? as i have a vp and i know that i need these things for mine

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
bleed the crap outa it - there will be air in the system, try a pressure bleed tool perhaps

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stock VP, IT IS A V8 ONE!! its for my vs clubsport.

And slo firo, we have bled the absolute crap out of it, ive gone through 5 bottles of brake fluid so far

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
No good, not sure about ABS, but im 100% you need a v8 M/C. clean up the new one see if you can swap it for a v8 one, i think there a 1 inch unit. i take it this is for your vn? as i have a vp and i know that i need these things for mine
There is no such thing as an ABS 1" master..........wish people wouldn't post when they have no idea:whistling
To only do it when the car is running tells me its a vacuum issue, double and triple check all the vac hoses mate.

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
There is no such thing as an ABS 1" master..........wish people wouldn't post when they have no idea:whistling
To only do it when the car is running tells me its a vacuum issue, double and triple check all the vac hoses mate.

Thinking the same thing... Double check the main vacume line going to your brake booster. Make sure it is not kinked, or off or split...... Does the car run a little rougher at idle then it did before? Another good sign of a nice big fat vacume leak...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
How can it be a vacuum leak guys ?

If he has vacuum leaks to the brake booster then the brakes would be hard as bricks.

The booster just assists the driver by taking the pressure off the pedal.

He's most likely got a leak somewhere in the lines or calipers... How were the piston seals in the 2 calipers before you put them on ? Did you notice any fluid leaks anywhere ?

Other than that I'd look at fitting the master cylinder that matches the calipers. What are the calipers off ???

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If it is a leak, surely he would see brake fluid.

Give a brake place a call, explain your issues over the phone. Some are usually nice enough to give you a remedy. If that is the case, take them down a 6 pack of beer..

Haven't heard of this issue before.