Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Me Please

Z

Z()LTAN

highflow cat is pointless.... unless u wanna squeese every kw.... with a v6 dont bother.. just wait for it to gutt itself... I know the vs's came with a standard highflow cat, dono bout the vt though

vt2nv

Reaction score
cheers guys i appreciate ure advice i think i might go for the catbak system 2 1/2 with mandrel bends wil that hav a nice tone ??

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
Hey Z()ltan.
What muffler do you have on your car?

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
deserthead said:
lol!!!
Unless of course its a milo tin. . . .

if u write GTS on the milo tin it will give u 10 kws!!! (thanks for that one Sos)

catback will make it sound like the other guys make sure u get mandrel bends... without a resonator it will drone badly in the car but all u wana do is show up these other guys from wat im reading.. with your left over money get some air in there with a CAI or something...... or put a camber kit in it if your tyres are wearing out LOL!!

wat are all these 17 year olds doin with vts!! when i was 17 i only had a vp!!givin it was only a year ago and now i drive a vx ss but thats not the point!!

Zharklm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII R8
I had a freaking VB when I was in highschool, and I was happy to have it....... back then we had to push our cars 50 km to school..... while our teachers rode on our backs and whipped us...... and it was uphill..... both ways.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
So what do people think it would cost to get catback 2 1/2 exhaust on a VX ecotec?

I have been thinkin about this for a while now. Someone said something about 300+ didn't they?

Z

Z()LTAN

Yeah around $250 and then like $50 for a chrome tip.
clintster - i have a single sports hiflow middle mufler

R

RKZ234

deserthead said:
lol!!!
how does a tip do anything to the sound of an exhaust? ? ?

Think of the end of a trumpet, it flares outwards to amplify the sound eminating from it. The right shaped exhaust tip can amplify the exhaust note.

A very important thing to consider if I was the young bloke concerned, Be far more worried about if the mods will turn your ride into cop bait. Also, what are the insurance implications of messing with the exhaust, as most companies do not allow modifications to L & P platers and some even have raised the bar till you turn 25.

If you don't declare the mods and you have a prang, (insurance company assessors always look harder when a young driver is involved - looking for any reason to deny the claim) you could have the entire claim refused.