Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Me Pleasee... L67 VT SS

ThatBlueVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VT SS
Alrighty, Probably not the place but I’m just putting this out there Incase someone can help or have an idea on what to try.

I’ve got a 1997 L67 VT SS cat was running and driving till about 3 years ago while I was about 30 minutes into a trip, I was driving along when then car just shut off and wouldn’t start I still was able to get reds but nothing more not even power windows work, I unplugged the battery and left if for 5 minutes and hooked it back and it was a if nothing happened, started to take it back home and boom went again, Done the same thing and off it went again… Over two weeks it done this about 10 more times, After that nothing, I’ve tried multiple ignition switches, checked fuses etc all the main stuff including earths as the motor was pulled it for a rebuild prior, I tried a BCM, ECU and Key I purchased ( Wasn’t the Same BCM Number, So that could be why ) A friend of mine with the exact same car being an L67 VT SS 1998 was kind enough to lend me his BCM, ECU and Key from his running and driving car and still nothing more then Reds on the dash

It’s like I’m getting nothing from the ignition to the BCM?

I’d really like to fix the car and put it back on the road this year after three years of sitting neglected due to this, If anyone has any ideas or know anyone that would have an idea anything’s appreciated

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sounds like the CAS is failing and will crap out soon. Next time it happens try pouring cold water over the CAS and see if it starts after that. But get it replaced before it happens again and it won't start back up.

Check codes to see if anything has been logged.

Put your original bcm ecu and key back in.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This^^^^^^^ or the DFI.