Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP me with my first project

young vk boi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
I was given a mucky, bad looking 3.3L red 202 vk from my uncle. it is currently with my other 2 uncles and my grandad. it is now back 2 bare metal. i need help deciding a colour. does any1 know of some nice looking greens other than the hothouse green.
I also need some ideas and help about the "guts" of this potential beast. uncle is suggesting mounting a turbo onto the standard 202 but i dont kno.
I hav already got a mp3 playa, 6 inch splits, 2 6X9s an amp and a 1000 Watt sub along with a woodgrain steering wheel.
Wat else can i add that wont cost alot but improves my ride. plz help

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
You could lower it a bit. chuck on some 17's or 18's... Is the car going to be a daily or a weekend warrior?... the turbz 202 will be a cool project... could be a bit costly tho..

young vk boi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
yer im currently lookin at a set of CV8 wheels or even a nice set of chromies. its probs gonna be the weekender and with the turbo situation i hav 2 uncles which are in the kno and can get some bits cheap and they help out heaps which is good. btw do u kno any good greens for a respray

commo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ss
do wat im doing mate and put a rb30 turbo in out of a vl turbo pretty much direct bolt in

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
i like the toxic green that they use on the fords, i reckon it might look good on a vk with the calais plasics and letter box style grill... only other green i can think of is the on on the vys...

EDIT: funny i say that... theres another post just started, toxic green vk looks tuff, never seen one before...

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
what about emerald green? you do realise by putting big cromies and a turbo on it is going to make it look and sound pretty much like every young mans commodore around at the moment, because every VK ive seen is either in a bad way, stock or lowerd with big cromies and a turbo, and blow off valve noise and commodore do not mix, it's not a rice burner it's meant to roar, why not a supercharger? and roller rockers. for example many awesome cars with a 202 in streetmachine mag has a supercharger. also gives excuse for butterflys and or a bonnet lump which looks hell tuff. but thats my opinion and each to there own. good luck with your project :thumbsup:

young vk boi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
cheerz trav. my other idea was to put a nice 8 into it as well as get my exhaust fixed up and ditch the turbo but i aint 100% sure yet.

mr.rb30et

Mr.VL rb30ET
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Executive VL Turbo
Go the turbz bro... i own a vl turbo... its stock... its manual... and it scares the poo outta me runnin a stock 7psi!!!! turbo's r kella... not too many vk turboz cruizing the streets man.