Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help, mods for my ve ssv

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Mine is stock until the gearbox issues are sorted (if they're sorted). But I'm sold on the VCM - mainly because I intend to keep the MAF, though I think Dus is, or will be, releasing a MAF version of their intake.

The tune maximises the engine's efficiency/performance buy altering it's electronic management. The difference between MAF and MAFless is simply whether or not the MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow) is retained. In the past, the MAF has been a source of significant restriction of air flow, but it's bigger and much less restrictive in the VEs, which means MAF tuning is becoming more popular in tuning workshops - partially at least because it's illegal to remove the MAF.

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
alrighty thanks alot, im starting to decide what brand otr and headers i want!
what is a good hi-flow cat? balisstic? if so what type exactly?
any other help or tips for me would be awesome guys..

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
cheers johnsy ! yeah ive heard there good exhausts, but basically now all I want is hi flow cats? not sure what to get

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
Ramjet OTR can do MAf or Mafless aswell. they are really good, ugly but are really good. If i had t odo mine again id probably go VCM

Exhaust - i would go for Sureflo headers + 5" ballistic cats - 2.5" or 3" HM s/s catback
That combo works really well and sound awesome and form memory they will cost you about 3K, the best exhaust/sound for the money.

KPM is over priced for what it is... and I DONT KNOW IF ITS TRUE BUT I HEARD THAT THEY ARE STARTING TO MAKE THEM IN CHINA - just a rumour i've heard

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey mate

I have the vcm otr, mafless tuned and the full 3" kpm zorst, as for the otr i cant fault it, works great and as for the exhaust the kpm is deff worth it, looks good sounds tough and deep but no droan in car when crusing

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
oh yeah sweet as guys cheers
ive decided to go the VCM otr, pacey extractors 1 7/8, hi flow cat-300... my car has a MANTA catback exhaust already 2.5"
all fitted with a MAF tune i reckon.
hows that all sound ? :)

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
oh and also, i had a quote on getting all that fitted then tuned
MAF tune, also they said they'd tune the box for sharper shifts, and engine response.
$1000 they said
hows that too? answer all Q's thankss

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Sounds like a good plan, id still go mafless but thats up to you decide, as for priceing prob sounds about right, i was charged 1500 for mafless tune which turned to be totally shithouse lol

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
wow really, 1500 ####! haha how was it **** ?
and they recommened MAF instead, because sometimes mafless can start to play up over time and retunes are more likely needed