Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help needed ASAP no brake lights

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Ok well I had a quick look for it before but might have to pull the plastic covers off etc. I don't have a multimeter handy so may just have to let it flick in and out. How big is the switch? I'm not sure if its factory but I didn't use an adaptor it was just a round plug that was in the boot! Would a non factory one have an effect?

Depends who wired it up.
Factory installations will most likely have better connections. May be a bad connection some where that has caused a short in the wiring or the switch.

I found the switch and it wasn't screwed all the way into its holder so I took it out and pressed it in and out a few times then put it back in its holder all the way so the button was pressed right it but the light is still on. I didn't have a multimeter to test it. How expensive are they? I might just buy another to be sure

You can get small multimeters for around $40 from Dick Smith. You don't need anything too technical.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Good to hear all is good.
What was the problem, switch, fuse or both?