Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Needed ..its doing my head in

Megan79

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden Commodore
Hi

Appreciate the help as have no idea how to fix. We have a 1992 Holden commodore and the other day remote for unlock doors and to deactivate kill switch wasnt working no lights. So we replaced the battery, now when we put key in the ignition the car wont switch (it appears we cannot disable kill switch) can anyone help this is driving me crazy just want it fixed asap

Thanks
Megan

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Hi

Appreciate the help as have no idea how to fix. We have a 1992 Holden commodore and the other day remote for unlock doors and to deactivate kill switch wasnt working no lights. So we replaced the battery, now when we put key in the ignition the car wont switch (it appears we cannot disable kill switch) can anyone help this is driving me crazy just want it fixed asap

Thanks
Megan

If it's your car then a unique Zardi key specific to the VIN is standard issue to disable the built in engine immobiliser. Beyond that, a secondary after market system will have a tumbler code therefore no way to start the car, unless you strip it & re-wire the brains.

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
If you have a single button remote there is a small variable resistor (blue thing with a screw ontop) inside that can fine tune the frequency, sometimes when you change the battery a slightly different voltage will require you to re-adjust. When adjusting it try and use a plastic tool as a metal one will interfere.
If not as said above, try to disable the immobiliser with the Zadi key.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
^^ I think he is on the money with that one. Ill give that a go myself as my factory immobiliser recently stopped working, had to use the Zadi key to override it.