Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help needed Please

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
Hi all,

Me vt's' is chucking a bit of a wobbly. The other day when I started the car the the little red imobilisor light, the one above the mode button started flashing really fast and the trac off light was on. The engine started fine and was running ok. I turned it off and re-started and all was normal. Tonight I started the car, little red light flashing really fast, trac off light on, the engine fan kicked in (aircon was off and this was the first time I started the car today so it was cold as) and had an audible warning tone continuosly. I am getting codes 12, 31 and 92 when I bridge pins 5&6 on the diagnostic connector. Code 31 means theft deterant signal missing and 92 means low speed radiator fan. I dont have an alarm system on the car and it didn't come out with one fitted from new. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Try replacing your low speed fan relay to fix code 92. I don't know if that will also fix the other issues.

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
cheers mate. will do. Have reset the error codes and will just have to hope it doesnt re-occur

VX_Wannabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
it could be your locking system alarm as well i know my parents in laws car dont have an alarm and some how my wife set off the locking alarm the day of our wedding

adamandtanya

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
vt problem

my vt done the same and it worked out to be the abs module after it was fixed cleared all the codes and it has never happend again

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I'd also be checking out the metallic ring surrounding the ignition key hole, make sure that it is making proper contact with the little knob on the key fob, when you put the key in.

You may have a faulty key reader, or even a worn out key. Do you have a spare key that you can try?

As for code 92, as already suggested, try replacing the relay with a known working one to test, or just replace with a brand new one.