Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Oil Stains, Cleaning off Oil from Concrete

R

Rinn_P

Or you could just get pure/straight acetone from your chemical supplies store...
Ajax and bleach works pretty well...put on the ajax and a bit of bleach, let it soak, then scrubb with a stiff brush then hose (but not down the drain cos think of all the fish :-( )

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
LOL I just had a thought, please don't try using all these chemical concoctions at once. I can see the headlines now "Man dies in freak garage chemical explosion after following advice on commodore forum".

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
If its fresh oil, degreaser should work fine, dirty oil will prolly require some Acid mate. I have spilt tranny and engine oil plenty of times on my driveway and the streak left after degreasing will eventually go away in the rain. Dirty oil on the other hand will stick there.

I work at Bunnings and we sell Acid, just dilute it atleast 1 to 1 with water and have some water close by in case you get it on your skin. Hydrochloric or sulphuric are fine.