Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help on system

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
choices...

Can I just say that first of all, I love my car audio. Second of all, I know people who have been in the business a long time... That pioneer sub you showed us, It aint that good man... (this is coming from a man who LOVES Pioneer gear. Head units, amps split systems, they're all good, but Pioneer have yet to learn the art of manufacturing a truly kidney tenderising subwoofer...

First of all, what is your budget...? I am guessing that you would have been looking at about $300 for that sub in that factory box. I'm not sure on prices on "coustic" amps, but I hear they are pretty ordinary.

I recently went to buy a subwoofer, and found that the pioneer just did not do it for me... So I talked to my mate and managed to get my hands on a Kicker S12L7 (12" solobaric subwoofer)... And then i connected it to a Kicker 600.1 amp with a digital bass controller which I got mounted under the steering wheel so I wouldnt get hassled by cops. and OH BOY!!! Does it go hard.

The Sub itself is 750watts RMS. This is the measurement you want to look for. Dont look for what it says on the front of the box, look on the side for the value in RMS, this will tell you what it truly puts out. The pioneer 800w 12" one that you showed us only makes about 250 to 275wrms... you do the math.

If you have about $1300 - $1400 to spend, the kicker combo is a good one. Has been prooven time and time again. I used to HATE kicker, now I have a car full of it... (pics to come)

Hope this has been of help to you, and that soon you are doof doofing along to a kicker beat...

- JOE.380 (1995 VS Berlina green)

V

vn_s_pac

yeah thanks mate :D but just i dont have that much to spend on a sub and amp combo. im lookin at sumfin like 600 - 700 bux for sub and amp. i want something thats reliable for a couple of years and that will sound good. something between that price range what would u recommend? going to go JB-HI FI tommorrow and check out the gear there.

vpwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec Wagon
hey. ive got that pioneer sub and it goes pretty hard for a $140 sub. but if your lookin at 600-700 u could possibly do a lil better. but yer if your after something cheap but puts good bass into your music than this is a pretty good sub. dunno how the amp would effect it but im sure its better than my boss amp.
Nick