Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help opinions needed!!

Ashii

ALLHERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5ltr
Hey all im haveing trouble deciding wether to keep the white side strips on my car or take.them off as there slightly starting to peel. Also does anyone no any rims that would suit this? :) cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-13-22-28-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-13-22-28-44.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2013-11-13-22-28-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-13-22-28-54.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 209

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I want to remove my strips but I'm not sure how to get them off without ruining the paint work, and I'm not keen to try in case it all turns to Shyte and looks terrible. If you manage to remove them cleanly let me know how you do it!

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
you can try some high braking strain nylon fishing line.find 2 bits of wooden dowel to make up some handles (sort of what a hitman would use to quietly dispatch some contract :) ) pull the line between the panel and the strip pulling slightly away from the panel as you pull along the strip....Ive never done a VR or above and have read they dont use double sided tape like they did on older cars, but anyway eucalyptus oil is the best stuff for removing stubborn sticky stuff...I know there is a discussion somewhere on here about removing them no idea where though maybe the how-to section

adam10_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S2 Ute Manual
When i was a panel beater i used to use a heat gun, and slowly and carefully peel of the striping (dont pull towards you, pull along the line of the stripe, so that its basicaly folded in half)
not once did i ever ruin a paint job with that technique.

Thats if its vinyl or pinstriping, if its the plastic molds/trims it will be a bit harder but you can still use a heat to soften the glue and the above fishing line technique

a small stanley blade will help to get it started but be careful.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
those rims are horrible...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
hate the strips, not a huge fan of the front bar either.....

I like the OP's rims though.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
hmmmm Didnt see the tiny tiny white pinstripe in the tiny tiny picture :) but yeah what adam10_1990 said a hair drier(if you dont have access to a heat gun) warm to mild heat the surface and pull back on itself, if its a metallic paint and the stripe been on a while you going to have a lightly darker paint under the strip....

Up here in qld town we are having major issues with "hoon police"

The more stock it looks the less like you will be pulled over and harassed.
Just be grateful you dont ride a Harley and wear a colorful vest :)