Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please. Drivers side window not working

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 CalaisV Sportwagon V8 Auto
Hi all.
In need of some help here please. The drivers side electric window in our 2010 Calais v wagon won't come up. We parked. Turned the car off. Checked into a motel started and parked in another location, since then the window has been stuck down. All the other windows work fine. They all make a clicking noise when I activate the switch from the centre console except the drivers side window. So I don't think its a fuse or relay issue. Points to switch in centre console or window motor. Tried turning car on and off opening door and trying exiting vehicle and inserting key to lock position to see if the window would raise. But to no avail :-(. We have to travel home tomorrow and it will be raining, I also have two young children in the car so leaving the window down is not an option. Holden roadside assist sent NRMA out but he couldn't get the centre console apart to look at the switch and said Holden won't be able to get it in for a few days. So jut wondering if anyone has seen this happen before? Is there a way I can fix it? I don't have a torx screw driver handy to remove the door trim. Any ideas? Thanks!

BMBLBEE

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Calais
Mine is a little different, BUT had an issue on an 06 Calais V with drivers window not working properly and only coming back up 100mm before returning to the down position.

Was told first of all was a lubrication issue which was affecting the load sensor on the window. Horse Sh**

Then took back again and now they are replacing mechanism in the door and relays *fingers crossed* should work.

Tony

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I had this issue a while ago.
At first I could not close the window intermittently.

The one day, when it started raining, I tried closing the window, and it would not close.
It turned out to be the Window Switch on mine.

If you pull the power window switch out, and using a paper clip, or a bit or wire, short out the Dark Green Wire with the Light Blue wire.
This is the same as pressing the UP button on the power window switch for the drivers window.

If the window does not go up, then it sounds like a problem with the Auto Window UP/DOWN module that is located inside the door.
(Or possibly the wiring)

There is information here on how to remove the power window switch gear, as well as a picture for the exact wire locations to short together to bypass the switch gear all together...
www.carmodder.com • Power Window Diagnostics for the Holden VE Commodore

I hope this helps

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i would give holden a call and demand it be looked at asap after all its a calais at least they could give u a loner to drive around in while they try and fix the problem

Last edited:

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 CalaisV Sportwagon V8 Auto
Thanks for the reply's everyone. I managed to get Holden to look at it after some negotiation. It was the regulator , they got the window up for me but need to order a new one in.
A little bit apauled at the customer service of
This
Particular Holden dealership, the mechanic also managed to loose screws when removing the door trim.
But at least we got home without too much trouble.