Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please! How to remove a VR/VS headlight?

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Hey guys, just bought a replacement headlight assembly for the LHS of my ute last night so thought I'd swap em over today before I have to go to work at 5pm. So far I havnt had any luck getting the old one out, do I need to take off my whole front bumper to access it??
Cheers.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yes,you have to remove the front bumper before removing the headlight assembly.If you look front on at the headlight,theres two screws at the top and two at the bottom,these hold the headlight assembly in..

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
From memory, the front bumper has two bolts behind licence plate, two bolts each side under the wheel arch plastics and a bolt on both sides at the base attaching to a metal bar.
Undo all the nuts and bolts and the side parts of the bumper should pull down over the bolt that is recessed in the body. This should only leave the clips in the front of the reo bar that can be disconnected by pulling the bumper straight towards you and away from the car.

Hope that makes sense and that my memory is accurate! good luck

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
And the screws on top of the grille as well as screws under the bar at the front.