Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Please Starting VS

obsessed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 ute
I had the battery out of my VS for a few days, anyway when i put it back in it wouldn't start just made a loud,quick clicking noise.
I put it on charge and i have a jump pack which is also fully charged but it is still doing the same thing, it wont turn over at all.
What can I do to get it going?
It's V6 and Auto if that matters.
I really need it going today. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
obsessed

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Make sure the lead going to the starter motor is tight. The solenoid cap does come loose, so you may need to replace the starter solenoid. Make sure your battery terminals are clean and tight. Try a new battery.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Make sure you don't have the key in the ignition switch when reconnecting the battery as this can "trick" the immobiliser or the ECU.....keep it in your pocket!
The clicking sounds just like a dead battery as NAAF says despite the jumper and recharging.

obsessed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 ute
new battery fixed it

Thanks for the assistance guy's, a new battery this morning got it going.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Good to hear. If you have a mutlimeter you can test your old battery, see if she is dead. If you dont have a mutlimeter places like supercheap can normally check them for you for free. Unless its a few years old in which case its probably time to go back for recycling.