Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP Please! What subs should i go with??

Which would be the better deal?

• 2x Kicker CVT's with box for $700

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • 2x Cadence CSB-124's with box for $398

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Hi guys. I need some help with choosing between these two subs. I am looking at getting 2slimline subs and i have narrowed it down to either the Kicker 12" CVT or the Cadence CSB-124 12" subwoofer.

Now here is the scenario-

I am looking at getting them from my local JB Hi-Fi. The kicker subs are $279 each with no enclosure but i got quoted $700 for 2 with enclosure. The cadence subs are on sale for $199 each with enclosure, So i can get 2 subs and 2 enclosures for $398. Both the subs have the same power (400rms). I THINK that the kickers are a bit better but are they worth the extra $300?

Let me know what you think!

Cheers!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
are the enclosures that are being offered with the subs the right size for each one... or are they just off the shelf crap that isnt really made for the sub. because from what I understand, just because one sub is better than the other (or more expensive than the other) doesnt mean its going to sound better (especially if the enclosure is perfect for the cheap one, but terrible for the expensive one).

maybe go to the websites and get the specs for each sub and its best size/type of enclosure rec. then, check the size of whats being offered.

two seperate subs will allow for better install options for positioning, utilizing space better, phasing waves (now im just pulling **** out of my arse!), but then again from what little I know, kicker has a pretty good rep for subs! All things being equal (and you can afford it), I'd go kicker!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I cant understand how a place like JB, which has such limited stock, a lack of brands, and almost no clue when it comes to car audio,can get so much interest from people.I'm thinking of starting a thread, which contains a list of where people usually, or prefer to buy their gear from. A list from online shops, to local stores, to give people who are new, an idea of some other places they can look, where they might be able to pick up a better product, for a better price, and include some personal reviews where components have actually been put to the test..

Last edited:

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Is it essential to get slimline?

Yeah i want slimline cause im converting my car to gas and i wanna keep boot space.

HoldenCommodoreVP- Mate i would really appreciate it if you could give me some good online car audio shops or decent places. The only reason why i go to JB or similar shops is because i wouldn't have a clue where else i could get my audio gear from.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Ok, well my first question, before i can offer you any advice, is if your space is limited, then why do you want 2 subs?

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec