Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Please!!!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Re-wired 12v today and mounted to wooden housing for the tank. Took it for a drive and the problem is still there... I can now hear a distinctive engine whine through the speakers so are there any ideas of what it could be. Thanks for everyones help, (Phreddy and Danja thanks)

This should help with the whine
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/kings-guide-elimanating-stereo-noise.15149
Most commonly it's a poor earth.

With the popping, I'd double and triple check all the wiring, from the 12v to the ground, remote wire and RCAs. If you've crimped/soldered anything you should check there aren't any dodgy joins causing intermittent faults.

If none of those are to fault, you may just have a bung amplifier or head unit. If you have any units to swap in and try that would answer that question.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
As promised.. here's where my 12v wire goes. I use a 4ga wire, which is plenty for what I run, but you could fit a 2ga if you wanted to.

The white thing behind the ABS module is a cable tie mount, there's 3 of them in the bay to keep the wire in place and take any stress off the fuse holder and the grommet.

The thing that I like about this method is that its very, very easy to get the wire through the grommet, because it's easily accessible from the engine bay. The only down side I'm aware of is that if I were to "unwire" the car, I'd have a hole in that grommet, but to be honest I'm not particularly worried, because 1) I don't expect to be unwring it; and 2) if I did, I think I'd probably just use a bike tyre repair patch over the hole (it's just rubber after all!)

Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Car-audio-12v-wiring-001.jpg
    Car-audio-12v-wiring-001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Car-audio-12v-wiring-002.jpg
    Car-audio-12v-wiring-002.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 73