Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help - Removing accelerator pedal

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
Hey

I got given some SS pedals for and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the accelerator pedal to put the new one on there. I don't wanna wreck anything so I haven't really tried anything too rough, but I did try just pushing it out with a screw driver with no luck obviously, and can't seem to get a grip on the pin with plyers. Any useful suggestions are appreciated!

Here's some pictures of the back of pedal...excuse the one in the mirror :p
pedal1.JPG

pedal2.JPG

pedal3.JPG

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
i dont think that they were made to come off i think you ll do sum damage if you ry to get em off what bout ringing a dealer to see if they know or could put em on for ya.

9C1pack

Reaction score
It looks (by the Pic) to be a rolled pin, (a C - shaped spring steel pin), you should be able to remove it, by holding something solid on one side of the metal pedal arm (to use as an anvil) and then tap on the pin with a small hammer, you should then be able to drive the pin thru.

Rolled pins are used on the hinges that hold the doors on VB commodores, probably on later models too, I think the advantage is that they dont require a nut to secure them, and because they are a spring, and are constantly under pressure (trying to expand) they don't rattle, or fall out. :)

235rwkw

Reaction score
i put vy ss pedels on mine

press it out with multi's on one side and pulled it then.

getting it back in is more fun

put the pin half way back into the pedal just enough to get the spring on. then put the pedal near the shaft upside down, put the hooked end of the spring on, then rotate the pedal into place. then get say a nail punch and put through the hole on the opposite side of the pin to keep the holes lined up. then i used multigrips to press the pin through. bit of fiddling as you can't really see what your doing with the muiltigrips.

make sure you have the pedal up the right way

Last edited: