Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Replacing VZ Ecu

Patoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6 (04)
Hey guys so my car stopped cranking over got it scanned an it's coming up with 3 errors not sure if it's the ecu that needs replacing or if one error is just setting off the rest I get low fuel error and powertrain error come up on the dash anyone who has had these problems and could help would be appreciated thanks
Does changing an ecu with one that came out the same model car work for plug n play?

P0700 - transmission control system
P0206 - injectior circuit open (cylinder 6)
P0601 - internal control module mem

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
It’s more complicated, you need to use a TechII and code it to the car. I think you also need the VIN of the car it came out of.
Best do some research, there are posts on here about repairing the ECU, sometimes they suffer a burnt out relay.

Patoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6 (04)
It’s more complicated, you need to use a TechII and code it to the car. I think you also need the VIN of the car it came out of.
Best do some research, there are posts on here about repairing the ECU, sometimes they suffer a burnt out relay.

Yeah was thinking its gonna be a pain to change couldn't really find much on here explaining it but was just gonna go to upull it and hope I get some luck with one

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Cause and effect, process of elimination, rather than jump into the fray and replace the ECU, which may not even be necessary. Have it thoroughly scanned and recorded faults followed to their cause.