Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help starting VS (No Keys !!)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 mazda 808, VN S1, VH SLE
Hey all i had a VS given to me and there are NO KEYS..

now the ignition is already busted but a screwdriver will turn it to ACC and ON and as if it was going to start but just nothing. no cranking
is there an immobiliser i have to get around or what?
any help would be appreciated, i want to get the engine running so i can sell it..

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
there is an immobiliser, wont start without the keyhead.

you can get the memcal modified so it will start without the key from memory.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 mazda 808, VN S1, VH SLE
bummer i didnt really want to spend money when i am going to wrecking it..

i have heard if the pink wire that goes into the ecu taps into an ignition source it will fire? dont quote me on that as im not sure..

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You can also turn the key/screwdriver to the ignition position, wait about 45 mins to 1 hour and the lights will come on and you can start....but once only. This is a safety feature for if/when the key buggers up.

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
my igniton has just played up i just hot wire it for now
hop in car lock doors from inside then un lock and should start thats all i have to do to mine

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
goddamnit i was hoping the VS was a bit harder than that to start with no key ( not for op`s sake for mine ) , i dont want some rank amatuer with a dent puller driving away in my car.

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
its not simple to hot wire unless you done it alot there is 4 wires and 1 is to start it now think where 3 more go

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
VN to VS Commodores are the most popular car to steal according to the statistics.

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
^^^^there very easy to enter the vn?vp u didnt need to hotwire a piece out of the interior wuld start it vs r a lil trikyer to start same to enter this thread has already mentioned how to start it
skruba

Rottys&commys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs/v6 executive
wrong wrong wrong!!!

I have lost my keys twice so believe me.vs DOES NOThave immobiliser. it does have key reconition. there is a difference. there is no way to simply hotwire. there are 2 ways to get your car started. what i would do is go to your local wreckers. what you need is a body contol module,key and ignition barrel (matching):lock:. they come in differant freq. hi freq for calais. low freq for exec.im not sure with berlina and acclaim, it is found neer the steering colomn, behind the kick panel. it will labeled hi/low. cost between $100 to$200. any more your getting ripped. problem is your new key wont open your doors.you could of got the doorlocks from the wreckers too. the other way is more expensive involving locksmiths and holden service centres. ive looked into it and you dont want to go there.