Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP to remove kick panel off vy calais

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Hey guys , i need some help in removing the kickpanel to get to the ecu on the passenger side. i have removed the screw holding the kickpanel in but it looks like the sill covers at the bottom of the door is stopping me from pulling it off. not to sure how i can go about removing it as theres no screws visible there and i dont wanna go pulling to hard incase i snap something. if anyone can give me any good directions in how to go about doing it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
On the sill cover there is the raised bit in the centre of it. Just unclip that out of the sill cover. There you'll find three torx screws. Remove those and the sill cover then the kick plate can be removed.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah ive tried prying that sill cover out with a flat head screwdriver. looks like ill be here for a while . its not budging

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange. The center raised section should pop up easy enough. Even do it by hand. That'll expose the screws inside. I'm too far from car to take a pic.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah looks like mine doesnt want to come out.good to know they arnt too expensive to replace mines now got scratches from a 100 attempts of trying to get it off... ah well ill keep trying

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange. Just got back to my car. I popped them out by hand. Grabbed the two ends and sort of "squeezed" together. Enough for the thing to bow up and allow my finger to get underneath and lifted right off. Unless someone previously gkued it in?

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure whats up with it. I've managed to get the screwdriver through the gap but it just wont pop up. So it most likely has been glued somewhere.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
good news.... ended up giving it a big pull and it came off haha. anyone know which is the engine fuse as im trying to do a memcal change and it requires the engine fuse to be removed.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good to hear you got it. As for the fuse, not really sure. That.may be under the bonnet, under that black relay cover? I've never had to remove that fuse.