Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! Turbo 700 Will only start in PARK which becomes DRIVE etc...

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
hope someone can help. a mate has a VS V6 Berlina which has a auto which is acting very strangely. Car will only start in PARK (fair enough), but then there is no drive in DRIVE, rather, when you start in PARK, it behaves like starting a manual in gear, it attempts to roll forward. very strange. there is no reverse when you put it into REVERSE. car drives normally in park (!) but when you downshift it manually it does not respond. linkages are fine. i believe it something internal. A ball bearing caught in valve body??? PLEASE HELP!!!!! frustrating!!!!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i was about to say, the links might be fine but are you sure they're set right? no bends anywhere? if its out a little or in the wrong spot then it might be in drive as you start it [the kill switch of the auto, as you my know] is pretty much just under the

p
r
n
d

plate. so with the lever in P engine starts but underneath at the connecting rods it might be out down there. maybe double check by loosenign it off and working the different positions of the tranny then match it up with the lever.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
sounds like the front clutch pack is stuffed, not releasing causing forward drive all the time

new trans time

Rob

V

VSSleeper

The doc's right i think New Tranny time, doesnt sound healthy...

K

Konker

yep either way if something is bent or misaligned it will prob happen again so best you start looking for new trans

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
any ideas anyine on what is a average price to pay to get your turbo 700 re'coed? or are ya better off getting one from wreckers(?).

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
seen a brand new one on e-bay for 1500....look around before wrekers but...