Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Understanding Vx Bcms

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
Hi there. i am confused with how i'm to replace my bcm in my vx series 2 Equipe as it has failed. I've been told the replacement must be the same as the one that is in there. Is this true? If not i was wondering if it possible to maybe run a calais or hsv bcm in my car. 3 plugs are the same but one i will need to make a patch lead to adapt to it. also i was quoted 600 bucks to have it all fixed. im not paying anywhere near that. ill pay about 100 buck for anyone willing to sell me one with two key heads if possible

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It'll cost you around $80 to $100 at a holden dealer just to get the new BCM security linked to your ECU so the car will start, so you will be up for $$ before you've even bought any parts etc. Its way easier just fitting another second hand BCM thats the same level/type as the old one. You will also need the key fob from the car that the second hand BCM comes from too..

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
Lucky me can get it linked for free. still like to know if its possible to go up a level mid to high or lux