Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help vl blowing white smoke

dano vs ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vl turbo
hey guys i recently perchased a vl rb30 turbo and it blows white smoke when first started then goes away but comes back if i let it idol if i keep the revs high when driving no smoke but when the revs are down low for a bit smoke starts again but isnt using oil or water ???:/ but my trans fluid gets low every couple of days whats goin on here ?? cheers dano

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I remember looking this up a long time ago & getting help on the forums cos mine would puff out heeeaps of smoke when I was sitting at lights, it was awkward in fast food drive throughs hahaha. I think it had something to do with the vaccuum hose at the back of your plenum, it can sometimes suck transmission fluid up into the plenum, which will burn it up and produce smoke out the back. I'd take a pic of mine but I can't be bothered going down there lol. This is the spot it's in, it's a gold tube with a rubber bit on the end which should be going into a little pipe on the back of the plenum, it bends around at the firewall, and might feel as if you cant get it off but you can. Check it for any fluids.

11wf3w2.jpg

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
you need a new auto trans vacuum modulator as the diafram in it has split, allowing the trans fluid to be sucked up into manifold and burned buy from repco etc but not a holden dealer
its located at side of trans, follow vacuum pipe down to it, easy to replace

a common problem