Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP vs statesman dash conversion wont start

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
Hi all

I finally decided it was time to carry out a full statesman dash and body loom, and also climate control with central locking and power windows conversion on my vr manual ute.

Ive had to keep my vr v8 manual loom and ecu so i have had to carry out some wiring modification to use the different type connectors but all seemed to go well.

Anyways time came to start the vehicle to try out all the hard work and it started then stalled. The security light goes out and the vehicle cranks as normal but wont fire. I can hear the fuel pump run but wont have a pressure gauge until tomorrow. If i hadnt carried out all this work id say the fuel pump was the prob but im also thinking that possibly the vs bcm although is disabling the bcm the security signal is not unlocking the engine control unit.

Has anyone came across this. I think im starting to lose it

Thanks

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
I believe the factory immobiliser stops the injectors from pulsing, check at the injectors to see if you have signal there. If no, you will probably have to have the immobiliser tuned out of the ECU.

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
I just did another fault code check and it came up with code 31 - Theft deterrent signal missing.

Does anyone know if there is a wat to have the vs bcm control the vr ecu?

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
Thanks Spauldj308,

Im thinking you could be right. I was just hoping there could be a way to get the vs bcm to unlock the vr ecu as the security light does stop flasing

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
If not though could anyone suggest who could remove the security from my memcal or would i just go through the ebay route.
Thanks

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Correcto, VS and VR use different security signals, so you can't use the VS BCM with the VR ECU and vice versa.

Ebay = garbage. Go through The1 or Delcowizzid on these forums.

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
ok excellent. Thank you for your response. I was starting to think that might be the case. Am i able to get the vr memcal to use the vs signal? Or is it just a case of removal. I do like the thought of some type of security on my car thats all.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
Have done vs_pete

awaiting reply. Im hoping i have replied correct

Thankyou