Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP VX V6 Dual Fuel Hard starting when Cold only

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
+1
You might have an older system (eg Elko) where the time petrol is delivered during start can be adjusted. If so, it may just be too short and the engine starves before the gas pressure is normalised. My vx has this setup and the timer was set too short initially and with blocked petrol fuel injectors, my startup was like yours. A few tanks of premium with injector cleaner and an adjusted timer and she's a lot happier now.

Hi

Its a spring gas SGA299 computer would I have this adjustment or not?

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Hard to see from here lol. Have a look under the bonnet for a non-original component with wiring attached that goes to the LPG stuff in the engine bay. You're looking for the box that controls the switching of petrol to gas so it should also be connected to the fuel switch inside your car. If it's adjustable, there should be an opening in the casing for a small screwdriver. Mine is labelled "clockwise more pet" (meaning turn clockwise for more petrol time before cutover to gas on start up). It's also possible the functionality for petrol/gas switching is integrated into the larger control box that's typically inside the car somewhere and not intended for user access. Still, worth you poking about under the bonnet. By the way, my gas/petrol changeover unit is only about 10x6cm so isn't that obvious.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Further to this problem which is still ongoing yesterday after 2-3 goes it started nearly stalled and I kept it going for about 20 seconds accelerating it sounded like absolute crap pretty much hesitated when i accelerated real slow at picking up revs and sounded like it wasnt running on all cylinders thought it would come good but it didnt. Turned it off then restarted immediately and it was fine.... Maybe this will narrow down the possible problems??? anyone got some good ideas on where to start