Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with ACCC.. dont know my rights

v8s&2wheels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Supercharged
your the reason why when i by an iron the disclaimer says "warning do not iron while wearing clothes"... good try though... btw what was the product?

Haha good one. It was some 235/30/20 falken tyres. They wouldnt even really suit as they are 88 load rated and I need minimum 91 load rated. No luck with free tyres.. better buy a lotto ticket and try my luck there.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Is it just me or does anybody else notice that every few days someone with only a few posts starts a pretty stupid and useless thread?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Knowingly purchasing something which was obviously incorrectly priced... good luck trying to get that to stand. You can't honestly say you didn't know it was a mistake. Unless of course, you are just really really dumb.

v8s&2wheels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Supercharged
Is it just me or does anybody else notice that every few days someone with only a few posts starts a pretty stupid and useless thread?

Perhaps you should look at the join date as a reference. Just because I have only a few posts doesnt make me new. I read JC almost daily and have a good read, but decide not to post most of the time as there is a lot of knowledge on here that gets here before I get to read. Ive only just moved to Australia a few months ago, and after witnessing how much Australians love a bargain and fighting for their rights, thought I would see my options. I had no intentions of insisting on 2 free tyres. Just wanted to know my options and have a better understanding of Australias Laws.

It might seem stupid and useless to you, but I was trying to gain knowledge on something I had no idea about. Sorry wise one

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
You can ring the ACCC and they send you a free "I'm a scab" shirt that you can wear while shoplifting.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Perhaps you should look at the join date as a reference. Just because I have only a few posts doesnt make me new. I read JC almost daily and have a good read, but decide not to post most of the time as there is a lot of knowledge on here that gets here before I get to read. Ive only just moved to Australia a few months ago, and after witnessing how much Australians love a bargain and fighting for their rights, thought I would see my options. I had no intentions of insisting on 2 free tyres. Just wanted to know my options and have a better understanding of Australias Laws.

It might seem stupid and useless to you, but I was trying to gain knowledge on something I had no idea about. Sorry wise one

I wasn't having a go at you personally, but lately there has been a trend of similar threads to this and if you have a think about your original question you may understand how silly it may sound.

Where do I stand on a $0 purchase that the seller reneged on because they may have made a mistake?
Honestly did you get ripped off by them? No but you want something for nothing. Don't need a hell of a lot of brains to figure out what the answer is.

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
actually dude, you have a prtty good leg to stand on, i only know this because ages ago i worked in a servo and we were told, do not change the price at the pump higher before changing the sign, you must change the sign more expensive first then the bowser but you must make the pump cheaper before you change the sign if, a customer complains you must contact the manager to explain the situation as the law states the item is now free.
if an item scans higher then the self price and the customer is purchasing multiple of the item, they are entitled to one free item and one at the shelf price but only if the customer complains.
the laws states you seen the items price to be xx price then you are entitled to the item to be at that price, take it to consumer affairs, who knows they might fight it on your behalf and you win but wouldnt be worth going to court over

onca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
actually dude, you have a prtty good leg to stand on <snip>

Aw **** mate don't start telling people that. We don't want to end up like America, where some guy gets "ripped off" for $0 and goes on to sue for mental distress or some nonsense.

The rest of ur post is interesting though.

v8s&2wheels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Supercharged
actually dude, you have a prtty good leg to stand on, i only know this because ages ago i worked in a servo and we were told, do not change the price at the pump higher before changing the sign, you must change the sign more expensive first then the bowser but you must make the pump cheaper before you change the sign if, a customer complains you must contact the manager to explain the situation as the law states the item is now free.
if an item scans higher then the self price and the customer is purchasing multiple of the item, they are entitled to one free item and one at the shelf price but only if the customer complains.
the laws states you seen the items price to be xx price then you are entitled to the item to be at that price, take it to consumer affairs, who knows they might fight it on your behalf and you win but wouldnt be worth going to court over

Great idea. I must sue said tyre company now. See me on tv in 2-3 months.

v8s&2wheels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Supercharged
I wasn't having a go at you personally, but lately there has been a trend of similar threads to this and if you have a think about your original question you may understand how silly it may sound.

Where do I stand on a $0 purchase that the seller reneged on because they may have made a mistake?
Honestly did you get ripped off by them? No but you want something for nothing. Don't need a hell of a lot of brains to figure out what the answer is.

Come on mate have you never tried to get something for nothing? Everyone loves a bargain and god loves a trier.