Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with identifying Dash Warning light - VT SS

Copafield

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Anybody with a user manual please help with identifying Dash Warning light - VT SS

OK, don't have the user manual and the orange light directly under the Cold level for the temp guage comes on, but not every trip.

I am looking for a user manual online as we speak but this could a) be quicker and b) a way to find the user manual anyway :)

If anybody can help with determining the issue that'd be great (i already have the service manual but i'd just like to know where to start) :)

Last edited:

Copafield

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Bumpity Bump cause lots of users on and nobody is looking and anybody can solve this for me!

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
is it a 5 litre or gen 3, if its the latter, your gonna have to take it to holdens and get the code checked, if not, look at the codes and use the manual

Copafield

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
It's the 5 litre - and there's no code - it's a little orange light that possibly looks like an engine - or a type of helicopter :) Either way it's the far left light directly under the C for Cold on the temperature guage. I'd use the manual to look it up but that's exactly my problem - just acquired the car and no manual.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah thats the engine light, the ecu would've logged a code, look in the manual and you'll be able to pull the codes and see why the light is on

Copafield

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
OK cool, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something simple that didn't involve going into all that first. Just found airstrikes rightup so am printing now and hunting for something to short out the pins - thanks very much :)

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
usually u can just take a paper clip, and under your steering column, find the diagnostic connector. Bridge the black and white wires and put car to ignition. It will make the engine light flash in codes (eg, flash flash flash.....flash flash means error 32)

Search the forum for VT-VX error code checking