Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with intrument cluster

mat vsII

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK statesman 5.7, VS exec TURBO
hi guys, i have a wk statesman and i need to replace the instrument cluster because the middle LCD screen has died. it is a VY S1. i know that u need to match numbers on the back of the cluster because they changed for the s2 and so on. i was just wondering if anyone knew what nubers need to match and if u have any other advise.
and if anyone has one for sale give me a yell. but it has to be the 3 window dash. thanks
:cry:

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
i read some where on here that if u cant put ones with grey plugs in... not sure tho.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
The plug & connector on VY's is grey, make sure of that. Record the part number u have on ur dud cluster.
So when ur searching for one, u can double check that the one ur getting has the same P/N as urs.:thumbsup:

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
there should be a sticker on the instrument cluster with possibly a barcode and a few different numbers, right them all down and match them up to another, there will be one number that will stand out as a match over the others, could also ring holden spares when its out and check the numbers to see which is the right number on your cluster to make it easier.

my g/f's cluster has done the same on her 2000 mitsubishi lancer, mitsubishi said its common as they get some age on them, told me that you can get the circuit board seperate and replace that said it doesn't take long, so i know hers is that from what they have found and replace, but her dad wants to take it to an auto elect, said its out of mitsubishis depth and something dealerships aren't equiped to look at, i'm a mechanic and i know we look at these things all the time at the dealership i work at(not mitsubishi), so she may be getting a whole new/ second hand cluster too instead and paying more than the price of just a $150 circuit board.

holden may possibly have the same or simmilar thing that may save some cash, just a thought to ask when you go in or ring.