Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with nortons

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hey guys,

I am hoping one of you more computer savvy person would be able to halp me with my problem. :b: I reformatted my comp a few days ago, now I am trying to reinstall Nortons Internet Security. It installed fine but I can't seem to validate the bloody thing. Its a legit copy, I paid good money for it an have a proper key, but each time I try validating it it says max count reached. Now its only been installed on my comp twice and my bro in laws, so that kinda sucks.

So what I wanna know is is there anyway around this crap, has anyone ever had same prob and managed to solve it?

Also just incase I have to buy a new version of antivirus, what does everyone else use and recommend? I've found Nortons to be kinda crap, is there something better?

R

rattattack1313

norton crap..

looool..I thought you were on about :king: Norton motorcycles..lool...whats happpened is, u can only use the cd on 2 comp..or 1 comp then re-format, then reinstalll.... its nortons way of making sure people dont just share their copy amongst their frends...maybe if u went to search, and typed in "norton", it mite find some files in ure comp that stop a reinstall...delete anything from norton u can find in ure comp.then try a re-install...if thats no good.... get in touch with norton..they mite have a way around it.....or if u do a search for norton 2003...dont have to pay for that version.... ;)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Download AVG from Grisoft . Its good, and its free. Beats the crap out of Norton.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
You're best off calling them and complaining (don't tell them it's installed on more than one computer), OR...

If you want to pay for Anti Virus software, then get Norman Virus Control. It's brilliant, we recommend it to all our customers whether they're a home user or in a company with hundreds of computers (for example, the Royal Rehabilitation Centre Sydney). Unlike most other products, NVC doesn't put half a million programs on startup, I think there's three at the most at any one time and it's not a memory hog.

Nortons IS crap software, but in their defense Norton Systemworks with Windoctor and Diskdoctor is excellent and I use them regularly to fix problems with customer computers.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
goVZ said:
Download AVG from Grisoft . Its good, and its free. Beats the crap out of Norton.

I am with you there - AVG has picked up virii other commercial packages haven't. Why pay for stuff when something this good is there for nothing. Nortons sucks.

My mother had a virus sometime ago, and being a noob downloaded and paid for a Norton's package. It didn't detect her virus. I went over, loaded AVG and cleaned up her computer for nothing.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
It your program you paid for.....youll have to email or speak to someone from symatec they usually have a freecall number, to get it validated properly.......or PM me and ill see what i can do

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
i have used AVG for a few years now
its free & its easy to use, easy to update works well.
i personally think it beats the hell out of Norton